Kid Nearly Dies After Eating A Hamburger, Hours Later Doctors Discover The Horrifying Truth

With summer around the corner, grills will be purchased, cleaned, and prepped for the sizzling season ahead. Gatherings will commence, but there is something happening more each year at summer cook-outs that may shock you.

Throwing burgers and hotdogs on the grill has become an American pastime at any family get-together. There is no other way to make any food taste as great than when it comes off the grill. Research says that 3 out 4 adult Americans agree with that statement and own a grill.

It seems that the grilling industry is booming in the U.S. thanks to our great taste and family traditions. Whether you live north or south, when it’s pretty outside, you go outside and grill!

With that many people buying grills, that means there is a whole lot of BBQ-ing happening. And if you are one of the millions of Americans that has a grill you will want to know how grilling can turn into a trip to the ER.

Any grill owner knows you have to have tools and utensils when you grill such as: a spatula, tongs, basting brush, cleaning brush, thermometer etc. But could one of those harm you or a loved one?

Well, A sweet family shares if they had only thrown out this tool it could have saved their son from having an emergency surgery.

Nadia Fiore and her family couldn’t wait to sink their teeth into the delicious burgers they had just grilled. Their son Anthony took his first bite and immediately turned to his parents in pain. Nadia’s mama bear instincts kicked in quickly and she wasted no time rushing him to the hospital.

Anthony described his pain like he had swallowed a needle. Thank goodness his mother didn’t brush it off, because what the doctor found was shocking!

In the midst of grilling, the grate on the grill was cleaned with a wire brush. When the hungry boy took that first bite he got a wire bristle lodged in his throat.

Thankfully after the bristle was surgically removed, the young boy was going to be okay. However, the family was stunned and mortified that this happened to their baby boy.

The mother and son share their terrifying story to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Thank The Lord that Anthony is doing well and his situation wasn’t the absolute worst case scenario. Unfortunately, this is not the first time people have been brought to the ER because of a wire bristle being consumed.

“Researchers estimated there were a total of 1,698 grill brush injuries in emergency departments nationwide from 2002 to 2014, or about 130 per year.”

Those statistics and numbers may not blow you away, but with such a simple fix, it could be zero! Seasonally tossing your wire cleaning brush and purchasing a new one could prevent this from happening to your family.

So, the next time you pull out the grill, throw away your wire brush and start fresh to avoid any of your loved one’s ending up in the hospital.

Were you aware of the risks associated with grilling? Please share this article to help raise awareness– by doing so you may save a life!