Conagra Brands, Inc. just issued a recall on over 700,000 pounds of spaghetti and meatball products from several of its most popular brands. According to WFAA news, there have been several reports of illnesses related to the recall. Parents across the nation are LIVID after discovering the disturbing cause for the recall — this is unacceptable!
Conagra says spaghetti and meatball products produced on Jan. 5, 2017 and Jan. 12, 2017 may be misbranded and contain milk, which is not listed on the product labels. This is especially alarming due to milk being one of the most common food allergies in children.
The recalled items were shipped nationwide to warehouses for distribution and retail locations. Chances are you grew up with these iconic brands, but feeding your loved ones a taste of nostalgia could come at a tragic price.
Milk allergy can cause symptoms ranging from mild to severe, including vomiting, hives and digestive problems. According to Mayo Clinic, milk allergy can sometimes cause anaphylaxis — a severe, life-threatening reaction.
The allergen labeling issue was discovered June 6, when Conagra received notification from an ingredient supplier that the bread crumbs the company used in the recalled products may contain milk.
The recalled products are:
- Libby’s Spaghetti and Meatballs with package code 2100701200 and a use-by date of 01/02/19.
- Del Pino’s Spaghetti and Meatballs with package code 2100701200 and a use-by date of 01/02/19.
- c with package code 2100701200 and a use-by date of 01/02/19.
- Food Hold Spaghetti & Meatballs with package code 2100701200 and a use-by date of 01/02/19.
- Essential Everyday Spaghetti with Meatballs with package code 2100701200 and a use-by date of 01/02/19.
- Chef Boyardee Mini Pasta Shells and Meatballs with package code 2100700500 and a use-by date of 12/26/18.
The products subject to recall have an establishment number of “EST. 794M” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
Those who have purchased the recalled products are urged to throw them out or return them. Consumers across the nation are disturbed by the sickening cause behind the recall, and it’s no surprise why.
I’m not taking any chances. In the trash it goes. Be sure to tell your loved ones about this recall before it’s too late.