Grieving Mother Crawls Into Hospital Bed With 22-Year-Old Son. Reveals The Painful Truth About What Killed Him

Every parent’s worst nightmare is losing their child. Unfortunately for this mother, the choice her son made in an instant, quickly ended his life in mere minutes.

Everyday we all face hundreds of decisions both big and small. Some are mindless, while others require taking a lot into consideration. Each of us has the freedom to make choices for ourselves, sadly we are all prone to make a bad decision at one point or another.

Parents hope their children make the right choices on their own once they are in the real world. But in this case, 22-year-old Michael made a poor decision that led to the end of his life in minutes.

Michael was outside of a local store in his hometown Calgary, in Canada, and was approached by a man. The man asked him if he would like to buy heroin and Michael declined.

He chose to make the wise decision, but after spending a few more minutes with the man, Michael gave in.

Michael purchased the heroin and the two men partook together inside the store’s bathroom. Little did Michael know that the heroin was laced with a lethal amount of fentanyl.

Fentanyl is found to be “A powerful synthetic opioid analgesic that is similar to morphine but is 50 to 100 times more potent. It is typically used to treat patients with severe pain or to manage pain after surgery.”

Almost instantly, Michael began to feel ill and as soon as he voiced how he felt to the drug dealer, he ran. However, before the dealer left Michael for dead, he let the staff know Michael needed assistance in the bathroom.

Michael had already gone into cardiac arrest when the ambulance arrived on the scene.

Michael’s mother, Sherri, was beyond heartbroken that her son was on the verge of death because of a bad decision. Unfortunately that was the last decision Michael will ever make. To her knowledge Michael wasn’t an addict, just had poor judgement that day.

Sherri laid with him in his hospital bed and told him she was still so proud of him as he passed.

Just like every other parent, Sherri didn’t want anything to happen to her baby boy. Although her story ended with the loss of her son, she is warning everyone of the opioid epidemic that is spreading throughout the nation.

Talk to your children and warn every parent you know. May we all learn from this young man’s tragic story. Please help raise awareness of this terrifying epidemic that is taking the lives of thousands– by doing so you may save a life!