Infant Falls Tragically Ill After Trip To Grocery Store, The Scary Reason Why Made Me SICK

For this grieving mother, a normal trip to the grocery store turned into every family’s worst nightmare. Now she’s begging every parent to learn from her tragic mistake.

Just 24 hours after a quick stop at their local convenience store, one mother by the name of Vivienne Wardrop knew something was verywrong with her 10-month-old son, Logan.

Logan was showing several bizarre symptoms including vomiting, a high fever, and severe diarrhea.

Wardrop was horrified. She recalled, “He had diarrhea everywhere. I was trying to give him a bottle and he was vomiting.”

As her infant son’s condition worsened, Wardrop rushed him to their Pediatrician. There, they reassured her that it was just a virus and sent them home.

By the next day, the horrified mother was certain precious Logan had been misdiagnosed. The young infant was showing signs of severe dehydration, and was rapidly withering away.

Thankfully, Wardrop followed her instincts and rushed Logan to the Emergency Room — a decision that proved to save his life.

Logan was promptly admitted and placed in an intensive care unit where he fought for his life for 8 days — a traumatizing experience no parent should ever endure.

Doctors diagnosed Logan with a whole host of horrifying and life-threatening illnesses including: adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella, and meningitis.

Through the darkest days of her son’s life, Wardrop feared the worst.

She shared, “It scared me. I would just sit there and stroke him and tell him everything was going to be okay, and I love him.”

After investigating how Logan contracted the complex set of bacterial infections, doctors concluded that they must have been transferred from the grocery store shopping cart.

After Logan’s horrifying close-call, Wardrop hopes his tragic experience helps to raise awareness about the importance of sanitizing shopping carts before children use them.

Although she is asking grocery stores to provide sanitary wipes, Wardrop carries a deep sense of guilt. She shared, “I’m not blaming anyone. If anything it’s my own fault for not thinking abut wiping it down, for not protecting my child.”

It’s important to note that although bacterial meningitis spreads from person to person, some strains can be contracted from a surface.

If you suspect your child may have contracted meningitis or salmonella, please contact your pediatrician immediately. Here are some symptoms to watch out for: Fever, Headache, Neck stiffness, Irritation, Lack of appetite, Inactivity. 

Studies have shown that most grocery carts have more germs than an average toilet seat found in a public restroom!

PLEASE don’t ignore this mother’s warning. Don’t take any chances. Protect yourself and your children every time you go to the grocery store: sanitize those grocery carts! And please share this mother’s compelling message with every parent you know!