As a mother, I was HORRIFIED to discover all of my private and personal information has been made readily accessible for anyone to find — for free.
When a friend informed me that this new website had gathered all of my private and personal information and made it public, I didn’t believe them.
But after a quick search on Family Tree Now, I was mortified to discover that this “convenient online resource” is sharing my current address, previous addresses, spouse’s name, and children’s names.
I think we can all agree that as parents, our number one priority is the safety of our children. I was horrified to find my name, as well as my daughter’s name (along with every other member in my family) is on this website.
This dangerous “database” is an invasion of privacy and to make matters worse, it allows any stalker, child molester, or pervert to identify the exact address of their next target. This is NOT okay.
Gone are the days of worrying that our children will share our private information. Thanks to this awful website, “strangers” can locate anyone– for free– and without any assistance at all!
At first glance, you would think that “Family Tree Now” is just an innocent online resource. But after just a few clicks, you will soon discover ALL of your formerly private information has been made very, very public.
Out of the five people I personally “looked up” on Family Tree Now, five accurate search results popped up. This is one of the scariest websites I’ve ever seen! If you don’t believe me, try it for yourself!
If your personal information comes up, protect yourself by opting out immediately. Unfortunately, it will take up to 48 hours for your info to be deleted off the site.
Here’s how to permanently delete your information from this awful website:
1. Visit FamilyTreeNow.com or click HERE
2. Under ‘Start Your Journey’ enter your first name, last name and state. Click ‘Search’
3. Find yourself on their search. If there is more than one person with your name that lives in your state, you can narrow down your search by looking at the age.
4. Click on the account that matches your personal information.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the Family Tree Now website (make sure you do this on the Family Tree Now website, not MIX 106) and click on their ‘Privacy’ link.
6. From the Family Tree Now privacy page, scroll about 1/3 the way down until you see a blue hyperlink that says ‘Opt Out Here’
7. Search your information again. Once you find your page, click ‘Details’ and then a red ‘Opt Out Here’ button will appear.
8. Click ‘Opt Out Here’ and you’re done. You’ll be removed from Family Tree Now’s website within 48 hours.
If you have any trouble removing your name from the list, watch MIX106‘s video below for more helpful step-by-step instructions:
This website is a danger to our society. Please protect yourself and your loved ones. Please share this important information with everyone you know!